To be raised in the south is a privilege. It means many things, but to me it has meant a love of all things preppy and classic, Lilly, Pearls, bows, ribbons, and the color pink. Graciousness is key, and one never leaves home without a little make up.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What I Wore: My Cousin's Wedding.

So I just wanted to post a quick photo from the wedding!  I didn't get too many photos because I was busy socializing grr!!  I realized I didn't get one with my parents or with Michael--and we coordinated!!!!  Oh well, I got ones with my cousin's which is the most important!!  It was a really cool wedding, it was at the Mint Museum here in Charlotte, which was a new experience for me!  I'm more of a classic southern wedding gal myself, but this wedding was perfect for my cousin, she's always been very unique and off the beaten path.  The venue worked surprisingly well I thought!!


I was worried about what to wear for a six o'clock wedding, black tie?  But I learned when in doubt... ASK!  So I did, and I certainly would of been overdressed in a cocktail dress!  I found the dress I wore at Vineyard Vines.  Normally I find it pricey, but the dress was reduced from 165 to 57... So YES I needed it.  I love the blue madras, and I think the laceyness around the color and hem dress it up.  Paired with pearls, my white Jack Rogers, and a Vera Bradley clutch, I was pleased with the result!

Plus my cousin looks beautiful, as does her brother!  Love them!


Hope you're having a nice week so far!!

XOXO B


2 comments:

  1. Pearls make everything dressier.

    I like the framing of the dress, but I'm not a fan of the woven "patched" madras. However true patched madras might have looked way too casual for a wedding.

    Good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed on all! I was surprised by how dressy it ended up looking! Pearls truly do :)

    ReplyDelete