To be raised in the south is a privilege. It means many things, but to me it has meant a love of all things preppy and classic, Lilly, Pearls, bows, ribbons, and the color pink. Graciousness is key, and one never leaves home without a little make up.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Flat Rock: WASP central (and where I grew up)


I love driving up the mountains from Charlotte.  It may not be far, but it feels like another world up here. One where I don't have to worry about traffic, or anything that may stress or worry me.  Here I can just relax, spend time doing wholesome things like apple picking!  Or Cards!  Or Boating!  Or visiting old houses of wonderful family friends (love you Miss Sara!).   We even had the pleasure of a photo shoot at  a historic home thanks to Miss Sara, a wonderful photographer and dear friend!  Oh it's been so lovely, I think more and more how I prefer this more simple, slow-paced living to Charlotte.  Having a home here someday (especially for the summers, and for golfing) will be essential to our happiness.

Taken at Carl Sandburg's


I love it here.  Feels like home to me!!

XOXO B

No comments:

Post a Comment