To be raised in the south is a privilege. It means many things, but to me it has meant a love of all things preppy and classic, Lilly, Pearls, bows, ribbons, and the color pink. Graciousness is key, and one never leaves home without a little make up.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

It's wedding season!!

Oh how a preppy girl loves a good wedding, plus all the festivities that come with it!  Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending my cousin's bridesmaid luncheon + rehearsal dinner!  How fun!  I met lots of new people, lots of cousin's from "the other side" haha, and various people who knew my late Aunt (cousin's mother).  It was lovely!  And today is the big day!  I hope to have some fun photos of the event!  And I'll get to catch up with some family members I haven't seen in a while!

It got me to start thinking about preppy wedding outfits/accessories.  There's certainly a range of dress and style at weddings, so what is proper style for a preppy southern girl?

Easy!!

The outfit should be simple and classy.  (No brastraps, or cleavage showing please!) A simple shift dress or a classic dress with a lovely classic pattern such as seersucker, madras, or florals will do the job.  Add a Cardi, pearls, and Jack Rogers Navajo sandals and you're good to go!  It's an easy look, and a flattering one.  Looking classy at a wedding is super important, after-all it's the brides day!!!


Have a great day!  I'm off to watch my cousin get married!!!

xoxo B

2 comments:

  1. Kionon, it certainly is a Lilly, thanks for noticing! And thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete