To be raised in the south is a privilege. It means many things, but to me it has meant a love of all things preppy and classic, Lilly, Pearls, bows, ribbons, and the color pink. Graciousness is key, and one never leaves home without a little make up.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Preppy Influences

In examining one's personal style, I find it important to consider how it developed.  I find that I have had a lot of influences in my life that has shaped who I am today, and of course how I dress.


My Lovely father has dressed the same way my entire life.  He is to me the classic example of prep.  His hair has been the same... he wears oxfords, chinos, and boat shoes and this look has not wavered since he was in high school (perhaps earlier).  He has been told before "You Remind me of this guy I knew..." and it's him, because he hasn't changed one bit.  I remember being amazed by his consistent devotion to clothes that fit perfectly and always look the same.  He would refuse to wear jeans, or a sweater that wasn't crewneck.  Now that I am grown I understand it.  I understand the many LL Bean polo shirts he would present me with... and now he is very pleased that I understand his fashion sense... 


This is a silly Photo, but it display's the essence of my Father, an awesome guy :)

Another influence, perhaps a more recent one (not life-long!) is my fantastic boyfriend.  His love of preppy style certainly influences what I buy and love.  He also has a lot of opinions about it all!  I know I wouldn't be half as well dressed if it wasn't for his helpful opinions!  (Love ya babe!!!)  

XOXO B

No comments:

Post a Comment