To be raised in the south is a privilege. It means many things, but to me it has meant a love of all things preppy and classic, Lilly, Pearls, bows, ribbons, and the color pink. Graciousness is key, and one never leaves home without a little make up.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Longchamp Le Pliage: The french tote

Another bag brand I adore other than Vera Bradley and LL Bean is the french brand Longchamp.  I purchased one of their shopper "Le Pliages" about three years ago at Nordstrom and I still adore it.  At the time I wanted a "nice" bag and at 125 USD I certainly spent a good chunk of allowance (ah, the good old days...) on it.  I chose the medium/small (there is a smaller size unsure of proper term) with long handles in graphite.  I used it constantly and it has held up very, very well.  the bag itself is a pretty simple tote that zips and has leather straps and a flap that snaps.  The bag is made out of very tough Nylon.  It holds up very well to weather and time and is only just starting to develop small holes in the corners.  I cannot praise it enough, it folds up neatly for storage/travel and can fit however much you need.  They are plain and simple but I think they are very classy.  I also appreciate Herve Chapelier's totes, also a french nylon tote, but there isn't any leather on them.  I just have a small little black one, I think it's very dainty and cute.  And, I love that they are french.  As pro-America as I am, I do enjoy things that are made in france and are perhaps a bit more stylish... Kate Middleton has been spotted with Longchamp...

My "Mini" Chocolate Longchamp that is folded up... perfect for travel and storage.  Photos of KM with this exact bag are around!!  I found this one on ebay and it's in fabulous condition.

Here I am carrying it, it's pretty large to fold up so neatly, I can fit all I need in there quite easily!



Who knows why Lisa Birnbach only included Herve Chapelier in her list of Prep bags, but I think they fit in wonderfully well into a preppy woman's wardrobe.  I hope to acquire a bright pink one someday...

XOXO B




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I have a medium Le Pliage tote in graphite, and I'm at odds as to which size/color to buy next! I really like your chocolate mini one :) Did you ever get your pink? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete