To be raised in the south is a privilege. It means many things, but to me it has meant a love of all things preppy and classic, Lilly, Pearls, bows, ribbons, and the color pink. Graciousness is key, and one never leaves home without a little make up.

Monday, August 15, 2011

A Few Fall Shoe Wants:


Both Shoes from LL Bean.  The first are "Portland Penny Loafers" that retail for 89.00.  I think they're lovely, but admittedly I wonder if I'll get enough wear out of them to justify the purchase... the ones on the bottom though which are bean boot rubber mocs for 69.00.  I think I would rock those all the time.   I already have a pair of duck boots from Sperry for when I need the actual boot.  But on rainy/messy days those could be seriously lovely.

These are LL Bean's Casco Bay Boat Mocs.  I'm LOVING the red, though navy could be nice too!  I definitely would get my money's worth out of these.  I love my Sperry Topsiders, however they've given me blisters at a few crucial moments (such as at the Masters this year... sigh.) 

And FINALLY:



I love the look of Hunter Boots and I love how practical they seem to be.  I've tried them on and they fit my thin calves surprisingly well.  They retail for 125 which seems a bit much, but a friend found a pair on ebay for 29.00 hopefully I can do the same!  

Any shoes you're dreaming of for when it's no longer sandal season?!

XOXO B

2 comments:

  1. I like all of these. My Bass Weejuns are burgundy and lacquered black sole edges, but I really like to look of the Portland's above.

    I am also on the search for a good pair of duck boots. I didn't like Sperry's offering compared to LL Beans. I'm thinking ebay.

    I'm surprised that you're getting blisteres from Sperry's boat shoes, they never do that to me.

    Not enough rain here for Wellingtons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bass Weejun's sound just so classic to me. I need to go check out the Bass site and see what's available. Yes, the Sperry one's were not my first choice, I had been wanting the bean boots but couldn't decide on those vs hunters. So when I spotted Sperry Duck boots for 30 at Marshalls I couldn't resist. They are very cute with a delicate plaid pattern but they aren't the classic and alas... I am not quite satisfied. I think Ebay sounds like a great option here, it requires a good bit of patience I find. It's strange about the Sperry's, I have worn the style that is more sporty not sure what the name is for years, but with socks. This pair was maybe six months old worn with socks and without, they were certainly broken in and yet after being in them walking for 8 hours my feet were in horrible agony. Not sure if the classic style would be better, I'd like to find out.

    ReplyDelete