To be raised in the south is a privilege. It means many things, but to me it has meant a love of all things preppy and classic, Lilly, Pearls, bows, ribbons, and the color pink. Graciousness is key, and one never leaves home without a little make up.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Is it fall yet? Is it fall yet?

The wedding was a lovely occasion.  I have never been to a wedding of two people so clearly able to show their love for each other.  The love was in the air, it was a wonderful feeling!  I hope the two of them have a fantastic life together, currently living in Glasgow Scotland!  What lucky ducks they are, thinking about the climate they'll be returning to has me dwelling on this North Carolina weather... how hot it is and how ready I am for fall to get here.

I am personally not one for extreme weather... I live in boots and sweaters in the winter (I live in the south...) and in the summer when the temperature rises above 85 I hate to be outside, it feels like a Sauna half the time around here.  I do love the feeling in spring when you can finally wear shorts one day, your white legs hardly know what to do with all the freedom, and when you finally wear a pair of sandals you don't even know what to do with yourself!  However, it's getting old.  I'd like to wear a sweater thank you...

The only way I can cope with the heat and enjoy being outside is on the water...



Without peaceful days like this on the lake, I don't think I could get through the hot southern weather!  

xoxo B 

No comments:

Post a Comment