To be raised in the south is a privilege. It means many things, but to me it has meant a love of all things preppy and classic, Lilly, Pearls, bows, ribbons, and the color pink. Graciousness is key, and one never leaves home without a little make up.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Things I Love: Vera Bradley

Let's just start with my saying that I have a love affair with Vera Bradley.  I adore the prints and many styles of bags that she offers.  I also adore that there are ALWAYS new patterns coming out, it's fun and very addictive!  I enjoy wearing "seasonal" colors, Vera is very good with providing that for me!  I'm not one who wears prints too often on a daily basis (I like simple solids a lot!) so the bags provide a great preppy pop of color.  I also appreciate how durable and un-fussy they are.  They are washable for one!  It's nice to not be worried about your bag when you go about your day.  I also do appreciate the cost.  The average Vera is around fifty to sixty dollars, or as little as thirty dollars.  To me this means that you can have a nice variety of bags to match your outfits.  It's certainly my preference to wear a simple, pretty bag that doesn't cost a fortune!

Vera Bradley has come a long way since the classic preppy pattern like this one!  This is bees, one of the patterns I loved in high school, sadly my nantucket navy bag did not survive.

I prefer a larger bag these days on my working days I haul quite a bit with me.  This is a villager in the fall 2011 color "Happy Snails".  I love this pattern, it's so cheerful to me, and I think the baby's breath around the pocket is just adorable.  Some preppy purists miss the oldschool vera, and I do too, but I do appreciate the new prints (SOME of them).

Vera Bradley now makes a variety of bags!  I fell for these two super preppy styles right away.  The red one even has cute leather detailing.  The blue one is made out of canvas and is just so adorable!

Any thoughts on Vera?

XOXO B




2 comments:

  1. They recentl put a location about five minutes away. The patterns are generally too busy for me, but I like those last two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand, they are very busy! Some of them I hate, but the patterns I love brighten my day. I also really love how comfortable they are to carry. To each their own I suppose! Glad you like the last two :)

    ReplyDelete