To be raised in the south is a privilege. It means many things, but to me it has meant a love of all things preppy and classic, Lilly, Pearls, bows, ribbons, and the color pink. Graciousness is key, and one never leaves home without a little make up.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Simple Preppy Accessories

Simple Preppy Accessories


Amidst all my holiday shopping I was dwelling on the fact that it is hard to be preppy on a budget.  I think this is mostly because staples of a truly preppy wardrobe can be rather pricey!  Due to preppy clothes being made of nice materials and constructed well.  A suit from Brooks Brothers is not cheap, but the owner will have it for a lifetime...  I appreciate and understand all this, however it at times can be frustrating to have a budget in mind when shopping!  So I find a few options that help me... Having preppy accessories can make you feel cuter, even when wearing a simpler outfit.  As well as cute little unexpected preppy touches.  For instance I have a monogram sticker on my car with a matching monogrammed keychain.  I love this, it makes me feel girly and preppy and I get to enjoy it every time I get in my car!  

My Lilly tumbler always makes me feel so cute.  It's perfect for driving, so easy to sip my arnold palmer on the road!  And it's sooo girlie and cute!   Mine is the green with tulips!  I love it!  My tumbler and my Lilly agenda are always with me in the car (Agenda in Nice To See you) and though so cheap I enjoy them daily!  Also, these sorts of things make wonderful gifts!  Cheap and so satisfying!!!  

I may be one to shop the sales racks or ebay, but there are ways to enjoy preppy things for not very much money!  I think it's worth investing in some real jewelry as well, to really freshen up your outfit.  Pearl studs, and necklace, as well as a classic necklace from tiffany's or similar can do wonders and can be worn every day!  

XX,
Brooke



2 comments:

  1. I have always LOVED anything Lilly, but it can be pricey. I have a tumbler and a planner, so I can enjoy the designs, but not have to break the bank! I am a new follower and think your blog is really cute! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for being my first follower!!!! I really appreciate it! I agree completely, 300 for a dress is a bit much! No matter how cute, so the little things are nice. I've found a couple of older Lilly's at consignment stores which is always fun!

    ReplyDelete