To be raised in the south is a privilege. It means many things, but to me it has meant a love of all things preppy and classic, Lilly, Pearls, bows, ribbons, and the color pink. Graciousness is key, and one never leaves home without a little make up.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Vintage Dooney and Bourke!

My friend is very into shopping at thrift stores in her free time--something I often benefit from!!  I simply do not posses the same level of patience, I enjoy finding a bargain but I get tired of thrifting pretty quick!  I do however enjoy consignment stores a good bit more... Anyhow, I told my friend H, that I was hunting for Vintage Dooney and Coach, and look what she found!!


Dooney and Bourke BOAT SHOES.  Holy cow, I can't believe she found these, and they are in great condition!!  They are very stiff too, I'm guessing they weren't worn very much!  I'm excited to wear them, although I'm not sure how to rock them, I believe it'll be easier in the summer, whatever way I'm very excited!!




The bag is a little bigger than the one I borrowed from Michael's Mom, although it does not stand up, oh well it's in great condition, as is the wallet!  Oh I am so thrilled :)

XX,
Brooke

3 comments:

  1. Incredible find.

    Both myself and Kiel James Patrick have been looking for a pair of these for a long time. I've been looking for at least year and a half. Sometimes they come up on ebay, but of course, you're trying to find the right size, color, etc. I have such small feet I need a mens 7 1/2 or a womens 9.

    Looks like those duck mocs aren't going to work out for me. They only have full sizes and I can't tell how they run without trying them on. I have ordered the camp mocs in 7 1/2 instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I had no idea! I feel pretty lucky to have just stumbled across them!! Oh you do have small feet! I thought Michael's 8.5 were hard enough to find! Must be frustrating, and sorry about the duck mocs, I worry about sizing on those too, I'm typically a 6.5 and they seemed to say order 1.5 sizes down if you are a half size, and smallest they have is a 6... Interested in how you will like the camp mocs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    I'm on the hunt for vintage Dooney Bourke boat shoes, and came across your blog post while Googling! I was just curious - how do these shoes run size-wise? Are they pretty true to size? I'm normally a 7.5, and just want to make sure I'm looking for the correct size online. Thank you :)

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete