To be raised in the south is a privilege. It means many things, but to me it has meant a love of all things preppy and classic, Lilly, Pearls, bows, ribbons, and the color pink. Graciousness is key, and one never leaves home without a little make up.

Friday, January 27, 2012

It's been a busy week!

Sorry I haven't been able to post this week, next week will probably be more of the same as I am in the job hunting process and it's taking a LOT of my time.  First there was the networking, resume work, and then came information about interviews!  I am looking at positions at a bank (corporate) and have had a LOT of studying to do!  I'm happy to say I now have a great deal of understanding about mortgage loans among other things!  It's very exciting, but doesn't leave much time for blogging.

Not to mention, if I do get a new job, my free time will greatly decrease, and my daily attire will certainly be changing!

Anyway,
On a side note I have been a bit irritated this week with certain blogs I've recently kept up with.  I dislike the tendency on some blogs to just post pictures of themselves with no real content.  Just a list of what they wear, I enjoy the occasional post of this (don't care about prices of everything though...).  I don't think this is what blogging is about.  I look to blogs I admire, like The Daily Prep, and I see a blog like that as truly authentic...  Anyway, just a mini rant!

XX,
Brooke

2 comments:

  1. This is why I have the categories I have. I do post Outfits of the Day, but I also try to post about Japan, or about behavior, or about history, or a detailed rundown of a label/brand... OotD every day is boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. There is just a bit more to blogging than OotD posts. Your blog has depth, and I appreciate that. It is sadly rare...

    ReplyDelete