To be raised in the south is a privilege. It means many things, but to me it has meant a love of all things preppy and classic, Lilly, Pearls, bows, ribbons, and the color pink. Graciousness is key, and one never leaves home without a little make up.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day + Pimento Cheese

Happy Mothers day to all you wonderful Mommy's out there!!  I will see my mommy next weekend, but saw my FMIL today, along with my FFIL, and FBIL, and hopefully my FSIL (I hope they get married, she's so sweet).  So basically all my close in-laws!  I made curry chicken salad and pimento cheese (my fave things to make for lunch!  Both recipes are very simple.

Have you ever had Pimento cheese?  It is a very southern dish.  I fell in love with it my first trip to the Masters in Augusta, GA, and have loved it ever since!


I was too lazy to take my own photo, but this looks pretty close to mine!!  

My Recipe:

two bags of shredded cheese (I use Chedder and Pepper Jack usually)

1. Small Jar of pimentos 

Mayo (however much you prefer to hold it all together)

Chili Powder

Hot Sauce (however much you prefer)

Mix it all together, with salt and pepper, get it to the taste you prefer by adding more or less seasonings and voila!  Yummy with crackers and with bread!!


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment