To be raised in the south is a privilege. It means many things, but to me it has meant a love of all things preppy and classic, Lilly, Pearls, bows, ribbons, and the color pink. Graciousness is key, and one never leaves home without a little make up.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Things I Love: The Office/ Jim and Pam

I have had a few favorite shows and book series over the years and I am very loyal to them.  I don't find them very often, and when I do I will happily watch reruns when the show comes out on DVD until I find something I deem equally as good.  However, if I had to choose a favorite all time show, it would most definitely be The Office.


I first discovered the show my freshman year of college, and I quickly watched the first few seasons and was completely hooked.  I love the humor of the show, Steve Carell is of course hilarious, but so are the other actors.  It's such a clever way of showing regular life working a 9 to 5 job in a funny way.  The awkward moments can sometimes be painful to watch, but life can really be like that!  I think thats a huge part of why I enjoy the show so much.


I also love this couple on the show, Jim and Pam Halpert, played by John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer.  The couple appealed to me WAY before they FINALLY got together... I loved how they were such good friends, always trying to make each other laugh!  For the first two seasons Pam was engaged while Jim Pined away... THEN:


On a show that was normally based on humor, this was such a wonderful moment.  It still took another season for them to finally get together--but after that there were so many funny and adorable moments to enjoy!  I just adore how this relationship seems so real, it makes people believe in real love still existing!  It's not a fantasy, it's certainly not perfect (Pam gets pregnant while they are engaged--and they are still overjoyed!!).  I just adore it, they're my favorite couple of all time!!


And when they got married... Michael can tell you, I cried like a baby and I'm not ashamed on bit!!!


I love this show!!!

XO B






No comments:

Post a Comment